About my behavior
I am not being rude:
- My communication skills are not very good.
- I become quite anxious in new situations.
- I may not make eye contact.
- I struggle with the sensory world around me.
- Please do not touch me or my things.
Please be patient with me, I am not refusing to cooperate.
How you can help me
- Use clear and concise language.
- Give me extra time to respond to you.
- Explain what you are going to do and let me process it before actually doing it.
- Recognize that I experience things differently from you.
- I may need access to a calm and quiet space.
Misunderstood & mistreated: https://embraceasd.com/misunderstood-and-mistreated/
A timeline of autism classifications: https://embraceasd.com/a-timeline-of-autism-classifications/